1. Eating junk food for dinner. Salty food makes your body hold onto water – especially around the eyes.
2. Too much of a good thing. Piling on too much night cream can cause clogged pores – and possibly breakouts. Think pea-size, not bubblegum dollop.
3. Having one too many cocktails. Not only will you wake up with a hangover, your skin will be dull and dehydrated. If you do indulge, drink a big glass of water before bed.
4. Wearing make-up to bed. If you wear foundation and are acne-prone, it can cause breakouts.
5. Sleeping with your hair in a ponytail. Your natural tossing and turning will cause breakage.