Here are 3 tips to help you achieve a healthier, happier tummy:
1. Stay hydrated: Ditch the fizzy and start drinking more H20. One of the most effective ways you can improve your gut health is to just get them drinking more water. Your gut needs water to keep bacteria and waste travelling through your digestive system, which will prevent tummy aches like constipation and bloating. When you’re dehydrated, these issues can throw off the balance of bacteria in your gut. Resist the urge to hydrate with sugary drinks like softdrinks though – all these do is feed the “bad” gut bacteria in the bowel.
2. Eat More Probiotic-Rich Foods: Good health starts with taking care of your gut flora. Improve your immune and digestive systems by introducing more natural probiotics into your diet. These little bacteria work their way into our digestive tracts and manage the growth of fungi and viruses, help with bowel function and protect us against toxins.
The balance of bacteria in your gut is important for wellness and many foods that we consume are high in sugar, over processed and encourage “bad” bacteria growth.
In order to promote ‘good bacterial’ growth, cut back on the processed sugars and introduce more meat (including fish), vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds. Give your gut bacteria an extra boost by introducing probiotic-rich foods into their diet like greek yoghurt, tempeh, soy milk, olives, soft cheeses, sauerkraut, miso Try fermented foods like lassi (an Indian yoghurt drink, traditionally enjoyed before dinner), fermented organic milks, various pickled foods, and fermented soy.
3. Start Taking Probiotic Supplements: Consider starting on daily probiotic supplement, which will help boost the good bacteria in your gut, keep the bad bacteria at bay and help support your immune systems. Supplements are also a great idea if you’ve been taking an antibiotic that has wiped out a large amount of bad and good gut bacteria. Look for supplements that also have prebiotics to help keep beneficial bacteria healthy. They are non-digestible foods that help beneficial bacteria (probiotics) grow and flourish. Put simply prebiotics feed the “good” bacteria and remain in your digestive system to help boost the growth of beneficial bacteria.
Our fave: BioCeuticals UltraBiotic 500 high strength probiotic that provides support for the digestive and immune systems and is designed as a 7 day supercharge for your gut.
Bacteria, like lactobacilli and bifidobacteria strains, and the friendly yeast, Saccharomyces boulardii.
can help with:
* Protection for the gut and rest of the body against unhealthy bacteria, fungi and parasites
* Immune system support
* Regulate inflammation
* Synthesise B vitamins and vitamin K
* Support carbohydrate, fibre and fat digestion
* Detoxify waste compounds
Call 1300 650 455 for stockists or visit www.bioceuticals.com.au