Before you reach for a bobby pin, here’s how to get it back under control…
1. Get ’em while they’re wet. You have to blow dry your bangs straight out of the shower! It’s a must. The minute they start drying on their own, you’re no longer the boss. Dry them, then get dressed, then come back and finish your hair.
2. Dry shampoo before your bangs get dirty. After you blow your hair out, or even if you’re an air-dryer, blast them with a little dry shampoo while they’re freshly clean. This way, the oils never even get a chance to come out and flatten or cause separation.
3. If you blow dry, direct bangs the opposite way you want them to go first. Then blow them to your normal side. This keeps them from laying too flat on your forehead. If you like to wear them straight down, brush them to the left and to the right while blow drying, then blow and brush them straight down. That will help control any annoying cowlicks.
4. Go easy on product. It’s best to stick to dry shampoo and maybe a little hairspray when dealing with bangs (unless you have really curly hair and you need a straightening product). The more product you use, the more product gets on your forehead and can often cause break-outs. Eek!
5. Lightly flat iron a small top layer of your fringe for shine and smoothness. Don’t flat iron all of the hair because it can get stringy. Just doing the little bit on top allows your bangs to look full, but stay smooth.