1. Start by raking back the hair at the crown and along the sides, right above the ears.
2. Gather the hair at the centre of the head, twisted it, and pinned it in place using U-shaped pins.
3. To give the front a more textured look, pull out small sections of hair, twisted them, and pin them back near the crown.
4. Tuck the hair left hanging down at the back under into a loose loop and secure at the nape of the neck.
5. Finish by pulling out random pieces around the face and turning on the blow-dryer to create even more fly-aways.