Acler designers, Julia Ritorto and Kathryn Forth, top 5 racing style tips:
1. When it comes to headwear, an unconventional hat or headpiece is the way to go. If you can’t find anything quite right, a quick trip to the florist will do the trick and encourage them to use more abstract florals and even some floristry spray.
2. If there ever is a time to splurge on a gorgeous clutch, now is the time! If your headpiece is quite loud, then let this be more classic.. if it is the reverse, make your clutch the feature.
3. Think about where you will be on race day when selecting shoes. If you are going to be walking long distances or on the grass, a thicker heel is the smarter choice.
4. Don’t be afraid of a great pant on race day. Team with a more feminine accessary for a statement outfit wiht a point of difference.
5. The weather in Melbourne as we know can be very temperamental! We make sure that our outfits are always secured in all the right places for windy weather.
about Acler Resort ’18
The Acler Resort ’18 celebrates a modern renaissance mood and sculptural aspects of the female form were key in designing this range. The collection is beautifully feminine, simplified with clean lines, immaculate tailoring, with a nod to the 80’s revival.
Focusing on statement fabrics incorporating lace, linen, cut out embellished cottons, silk satins and moulded suiting for structured statement pieces, we think these pieces are perfect for the racing season and all summer long.