the how-to-do deets:
1. Start by combing all the hair up into a high ponytail just behind the crown.
2. Take your favourite elastic and pull the hair through it once.
3. Twist the elastic and spread all the hair forwards toward the forehead.
4. Spread the hair out into a donut shape around the elastic.
5. With the elastic twisted once, wrap it over the top of the donut shape.
6. Gently pull on the bun to tighten the elastic band and increase the size of the bun.
7. Spread the pieces that are sticking out from under the elastic band so they lay strategically on the head.
8. Pull pieces loose from the “donut” to make it a bit messier.
9. Pin down any parts of the bun that seem uneven or pieces that are too long and have come loose.
10. Spritz with some flexible hairspray and you’re done!
* You can also change this up by doing the upside-down braid – click here for more details