1. Focus on positive thoughts. It’s impossible to stop worrying entirely, but try to keep it to what’s called productive worry—ie. things you can control, like meeting deadlines or pleasing a boss.
2. Sweat off the stress. In other words, hit the treadmill. Working out boosts your ability to
withstand emotional anxiety.
3. Do one thing that makes you happy every day. It can be meeting a friend for lunch, practicing yoga, or reading a book—the benefits will rebound for the rest of the day.
4. Clean up your clutter. Piles of papers or a messy house are sources of stress we don’t even notice.
5. Unplug all the technology. Mobile phones, email, Facebook, and Twitter have become a huge source of anxiety because we are constantly available. Set hours when you’re not reachable — and stick to them like you would a work schedule.