Here are the ‘how-to-do’s’:
1. Start with clean, healthy-looking hair. If your hair is damaged or frizzy in texture, use a smoothing and conditioning oil or balm to help improve the quality and give it a natural looking shine.
2. Apply a styling cream to dampened hair, then blow-dry it straight.
3. Part the hair in the middle and pull it into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck. If your hair is fine, you can tease it a little for more volume then spray it with hairspray to hold it.
4. Loop the length of the ponytail under and secure with an elastic, keeping one small section free. Using the fingers, mold the shape of the looped ponytail into a neat triangular shape.
5. Wrap the loose section of hair around the base of the ponytail, covering the elastic. Pin it in place.
6. Finish with hairspray to hold.