“It’s no secret that I’m a dessert for breakfast kinda girl. This baklava flavoured breakfast bowl takes my treat-for-breakfast obsession to the next level. A beautifully fragrant breakfast, the chia and quinoa really sing with the addition of rose water, orange and maple. Topped with pomegranate, berries, fig and pepita seeds, and you’ve got a fancy café style breakfast waiting to be devoured. Divine” – Taline Gabrielian, Founder of Hippie Lane
DF, GF, RSF, VGN
20 mins prep
1/4 cup (40g) chia seeds
1 cup (240ml) coconut milk
1/2 cup (120ml) almond milk
1/2 cup (90g) cooked quinoa, cooled
1/2 cup (120ml) coconut milk
1 tbsp fresh orange juice
2 tbsp maple syrup
1-2 tbsp rose water
4 tbsp extra coconut milk
2 tsp maple syrup
3/4 cup (110g} pomegranate seeds
1 fig, quartered
handful of blueberries
1 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp pepitas
1 tbsp walnuts, chopped into small pieces
1-2 tsp rose petals
1. Combine chia seeds with 1 cup of coconut milk and almond milk. Mix thoroughly with a fork. Set in fridge for 30-45 minutes.
2. Add quinoa, extra 1/2 cup almond milk and stir to combine.
Preheat oven to 170C.
3. In a small cup, combine orange juice, maple syrup and 1 tbsp rose water. Taste. Add extra 1 tbsp rose water if preferable (do it)!
4. Divide chia mix into two bowls and top with extra coconut milk and maple syrup.
5. Top the bowls with fruit, orange zest, pepitas, walnuts and rose petals. Serve and enjoy!
more details & how to connect
& stay tuned right her for some exclusive Hippie Lane recipes x x x