1. Choosing the wrong foundation and concealer. Pick a colour that’s too light, and you’ll look like you didn’t rub in their sunscreen completely.
2. Overdrawn eyeliner. Don’t use eyeliner, especially liquid liner, to exaggerate the shape of the eyes or attempt fancy tricks to make your eyes look larger. Just get the liner as close to the lashes as possible.
3. Emphasising too many features. Focus on the eyes or the lips—not both.
4. Overshimmering. Don’t do the eyes, cheeks, and mouth—choose one.
5. Adding mascara to the bottom lashes. Lashes should look natural, not spiky. So if you have very long lashes on the bottom, adding mascara looks odd, and sometimes it smudges onto the skin.