1. Use a smoothing shampoo and conditioner. It will help to control the flyaways and start your hair off well for the next stage of prep.
2. If your hair is extra frizzy, apply a straightening balm to the ends of your damp hair – too much on the roots will just make it look heavy and greasy. Just rub a small 5 cent coin sized amount between your palms and lightly finger comb through the ends.
3. Blow dry your hair in sections using a paddle brush. They are great for blow drying hair straight, particularly if you find a round brush difficult to use.
4. Become best friends with your straightening iron and a good heat protection spray. I always have my Cloud Nine Irons on hand because you can control the temperature and they also add shine.
5. When you’re finished, use a smoothing serum through the ends to relax and soften the hair.
CLICK HERE to find out more about Renya
& stay tuned for more of Renya’s posts
+ follow Renya and her work here: