* Try face-framing layers – they will give you a lift and emphasize your bone structure – plus adding a fringe can distract from forehead lines.
* Be realistic about your hair texture. If your locks thin and scraggly then stay on the shorter side. Length should be based on the thickness of your hair – if you’ve got long and thick hair, flaunt it.
* Keep your hair away from your face – when you pull hair back, it draws the eye up and away so you look younger. You don’t have to cut it, but give it volume on top by slightly teasing the roots.
* Never go too dark around the hairline – you need softness around your face or you’ll look severe.
*Don’t go too blonde. You must keep depth in the blonde, so ask for both highlights and lowlights.
* The right highlights can light up your face. For a quick boost, ask your hairdresser for T-zone highlighting – it highlights along the hairline and the part Follow it up with a high-shine gloss to adds instant brightness.