1. Believe in your abilities. No one can believe in you better than you can. And you must do it! Sure your friends and family and coworkers might tell you you’re great, that you’re a shining star, but you won’t really believe it until YOU know that you’re awesome. It’s as simple as that. Believing in yourself is the first step to being the shining, awesome person I know you are.
2. Take care of your mind and body. By keeping your mind and body in good working order, you’re likely to be a lot more confident in your abilities. Take time to listen to what your thoughts are telling you. Know yourself and respect that person. Likewise, listen to your body. Take into account your bodies needs and respect the way you treat your body. You will definitely me more confident if you feel good and have a clear mind.
3. Emphasise your strengths. We ALL have strengths and weaknesses. No one is perfect. So instead of harping on your less-than-perfect traits, focus on what you can do, what you’re good at. If possible, get a job (or a hobby) that highlights your abilities. This will reinforce your true awesomeness and remind you of what a stellar being you are. Focus on the good in you!
4. Leap over obstacles. When you encounter things or people standing in your way, use all of your strength and creativity to manoeuvre around them or leap over them. Those who aren’t supportive of you and who don’t believe you are a star should be left in the dust. Those activities that don’t showcase your true talents should also be left behind. Who needs those anyway?
5. Break down barriers. When barriers are so tall that you can’t easily jump over them, break them down. Even if you have to use a tiny chisel and it takes all day long, you CAN break down the barriers in your life. You don’t have to sit back and watch life pass you by because something is standing in the way of your awesomeness. If it’s in your way, get rid of it. You deserve to shine and no wall of “you can’t do it” should stand in your way!
6. Be YOU and no one else. There is only one you, so be the best you you can be. You don’t have to live up to someone else. You don’t have to be someone else. You only have to be you and you deserve to be the best you that you can be. Consider what you want from life, what you need and what you don’t. Make your needs and desires clear to the world and, above all else, stay true to yourself.
7. Accept praise graciously. The best thing about being a shining star is receiving praise for a job well done. Don’t shy away from praise or pass it off on someone else. Accept every kind word and amazing compliment and bask in it. No, this doesn’t mean you’re selfish or cocky or full of yourself. It means you know that you’re a star and you’re happy that other people know it too. It’s tempting to shrug off praise, but don’t. You deserve it.
8. Tune in to yourself. Listen to yourself first and foremost. When you get an idea, don’t be the first one to shoot it down. Believe you can do it. Encourage yourself. Fill your mind with the belief that you can do ANYTHING, and you’ll find that you can. When you hear negative voices whispering that you’re not good enough or can’t do it, silence them immediately. Listen to the real you – the you that believes you can do whatever you believe you can do.