Here are six tips to help maximise your manicure:
1. Watch your form: The oval shape is hands-down the best way to get a mani with marathon endurance. There aren’t any rigid corners like with a square nail that can smack against stuff, keeping nails healthier and polish on for longer.
2. Get buff: Filing in a back-and-forth motion is a tempting shortcut—the girly push-up of nail maintenance. The problem is, you’ll end up with rough edges, making nails prone to chips. Instead, use a file with medium grittiness, and move in one direction—left to right—and repeat.
3. Make sure nails are super clean: Natural oils on your nails aid in chipping. Even if your nails are polish-free, apply polish remover to get rid of oils on the surface of nails.
4. Don’t lay on the polish too thick: Three to four thin coats of polish rather than two thick coats will last longer, cut down on drying time and cause fewer changes of bubbles brewing on your nails.
5. Don’t forget the tip: When polishing, polish the tip of the nail as well. This helps cut down on nail
6. Consider a shimmery colour: The little particles of sparkle will help polish cling to your nails.