Makes 10 lamingtons
what you need:
300 g (10 1/2 oz / 3 cups) almond meal
75 g (1 cup / 21/2 oz) desiccated coconut
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
80 ml (2 3/4 fl oz / 1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
80 ml (2 3/4 fl oz / 1/3 cup) organic maple syrup
4 organic eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
500 g (16 oz) cream cheese, quark or strained Greek-style yoghurt (labna). For this recipe I’ve used cream cheese.
60 g (2 oz / 1/2 cup) Naked Chocolat or raw cocoa powder
60 ml (2 fl oz / 1/4 cup) organic maples syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
125 ml (1/2 cup) almond milk or coconut milk
what you do:
1. PREHEAT your oven to 160°C (320°F).
2. COMBINE almond meal, coconut and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. ADD olive oil, maple syrup, organic eggs, vanilla and sea salt.
4. MIX well then add almond milk or coconut milk if using.
5. SPOON lamington cupcake batter into 10 lined cupcake tins.
6. BAKE for 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
7. REMOVE from the oven and cool completely.
8. COMBINE all the frosting ingredients until smooth using a whisk or stand mixer.
9. APPLY generous amounts of frosting to each lamington cupcake.
10. TOP with coconut flakes and store in the fridge until required.
11. STORE cupcakes in the fridge (covered) for up to 4 days.
NOTES AND INSPIRATION
ADD the zest of 1 orange and use orange juice in place of almond milk.
SCATTER the top with raspberries.
Teresa Cutter, founder of The Healthy Chef, is an author, nutritionist and classically trained chef.
CLICK HERE to find out more about Teresa
+ HERE to get her recipe app
& HERE to shop The Healthy Chef books & products