1. To choose the right shade of blush, look for a colour that matches your skin when you blush naturally. This usually means pink or rosy tones.
2. The most natural way to fake high cheekbones is with a cream or gel blush, which is easier to blend than powder.
3. Find the apples of your cheeks by smiling. The part of your cheek that sticks out is a starting point: with your fingers or a sponge work, to blush outward in the circular ‘whisking motion’.
4. Choose highlighter or shimmer stick to compliment your skintone: pale gold for fair skin or deep bronze the dark complexions. Dot the highlighter just above the cheekbones and blend it downwards.
5. Keep the rest of your make up simple. Black or brown mascara and sheer gloss on the lips is all you need.