7 signs OF A TRUE FRIEND
OUR FRIENDS HELP US LIVE MORE MEANINGFUL, JOYFUL LIVES IN SO MANY WAYS, AND WE SHOULD NEVER UNDERAPPRECIATE THE VALUE OF A TRUE FRIEND WHO SUPPORTS US THROUGH THICK AND THIN.
In a busy world, where we’re connected / not connected, here are some true friend reminders to take onboard…
1. Good Friends Accept You for Who You Are: A truly supportive friend will love you for the person you are, flaws and all. That doesn’t mean friends have to agree with each other all of the time. In fact, different outlooks can help expand our horizons. Still, a true friend will accept you and even find beauty in your quirks and imperfections.
2. Friends Stick Around During the Good Times and the Bad: Life has its ups and downs. Having supportive friends can help us get through the hard times. A true friend, because they love you, will stand by to help overcome obstacles. That could mean giving a shoulder to cry on, listening to our problems, or finding ways to cheer us up. Those small gestures can mean a lot especially when times get tough.
3. A Real Friend Celebrates Life with You: In going through life, a friend’s support not only matters during the hard times. A friend means someone who genuinely wants to see you succeed. Unfortunately, disingenuous people may feel insecure and want you to fail. But a true friend celebrates your accomplishments and feels happy to see things go well.
4. True Friends Will Make the Time to See You: Sometimes our hectic schedules make it difficult to see our friends as much as we would like. A best friend will treat you as a priority and set aside quality time to catch up, whether through a phone call, stopping by the house, or even hopping on a flight to see you.
5. A Real Friend Will Tell You the Truth, Even If You Don’t Like It: If you choose your friends the right way, you’ll surround yourself with people who share your values. In this way, you can always rely on friends to give good advice and help guide you through life. Sometimes, we may not notice ourselves falling off track. A good friend will help us make the right choices even if that means saying something we don’t always want to hear.
6. A True Friend Encourages You to Achieve Your Goals: We should all work to become the best version of ourselves, and a good friend will support you in working toward personal improvement. Whether it means cutting out unhealthy habits, pursuing a dream job, or cultivating a creative outlet, friends will give us the motivation to help follow through with the things we want to achieve.
7. A Real Friend Helps Us Feel Comfortable in Our Own Skin: Sometimes we just can’t force that special connection between friends. It just happens. Two people come together and feel completely at ease being themselves. Whether it means laughing at silly jokes for hours or talking the night away, a long-lasting friendship involves an effortless connection in which two people understand each other when simply being themselves.
Don’t forget to be a good friend in return and show how much you care. Even if you haven’t talked in a while, remember to reach out to the important people in your life who love and support you.