1. Double up on basecoat. Applying a second layer of basecoat before your polish makes the color latch on better. Roll with it.
2. Don’t shake the polish bottle—you’ll get air bubbles and then a messy coat. Instead, roll the bottle of polish between your palms to mix the formula.
3. Buff up. Get a chip? Use a buffing disc to smooth out the area before dabbing on some fix-it polish.
4. Go over it again. After filling in the chip with a dot of polish and letting that dry, sweep one coat over the entire nail to make it look uniform.
5. Reapply topcoat. A daily dose of topcoat will prevent polish chips and protect the colour from yellowing under UV rays.