COCONUT OIL HAS A NUMBER OF HEALTH BENEFITS FROM RELIEVING STRESS TO BOOSTING YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM. IT’S A HEALTHY SATURATED FAT THAT IS CONSIDERED TO BE A MIRACLE FOOD & MEDICINE, THE HEALTHIEST OIL ON THE PLANET.
Amy Anderson from The Wellbeing Lifestyle talks to us about
the benefits of Coconut Oil.
Coconut oil consists mainly of medium chain fatty acids like lauric acid (50%) found in mothers milk. This is quite amazing by itself and shows the power of the oil as it is such a close match to our mother’s milk. Coconut Oil is also rich in capric and caprylic acids. These omega three fatty acids give it its antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti fungal properties.
If you’re looking to heal your body inside and out then coconut oil is exactly what you’re looking for. Model Miranda Kerr is always screaming out about the benefits of coconut oil! The health benefits are endless.
The major benefits are:
1. Weight loss: Coconut oil is digested so quickly into your system that it is stored as energy not fat. It increases thyroid function and metabolic rate, burning more calories and promoting weight loss.
2. Great for the heart: Coconut Oil helps to control high cholesterol and high blood pressure. The medium-chain fatty acids (MCFA) found in coconut oil can actually protect you from getting a heart attack or suffering a stroke.
3. Cooking Oil: The healthiest cooking oil option! Free from trans fats and is the only oil that isn’t damaged by heat. A fantastic substitute for butter.
4. All over body moisturiser: The best natural skin lotion available! It softens the skin and helps to relieve dryness and flaking. It prevents sagging of the skin, wrinkles, age spots and stretch marks. It is also known as a healing oil, used to alleviate symptoms of eczema and dermatitis. Truly amazing!
5. Hair Conditioner: Coconut Oil softens the hair and conditions the scalp. It is known to restore natural moisture resulting in healthy growth and shiny hair. Put half a spoon of coconut oil in your palms and rub your hands together, rub your hands through your hair then wrap your hair in a shower cap. Leave it on for at least half an hour, for deeper results leave it on overnight. Finally, rinse your hair thoroughly with warm water.
6. Makeup Remover: Coconut Oil is highly emollient which makes it ideal for breaking down oil and dirt on the face. Douse a cotton pad in the oil, and then hold it over your eyes for a few moments. Slide the cotton pad down the eye and your makeup will come away with it.
With all of these benefits, it’s hard to imagine why you wouldn’t add coconut oil to your life. It is truly a miracle of nature.
love, Amy x
CONNECT with Amy: