WE REALLY BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING
which is why we had to share these ways to stay positive, no matter what!
1. Accept what you cannot change. Life is a mysterious, fragile thing and it’s so hard to know why some things happen when they do. To make it through this crazy world in one piece, we must accept what we cannot change. To find peace, we must respect what is. Accepting your current situation may be incredibly difficult but choosing not to accept it only causes angst and stress. Accepting it doesn’t mean you like it and doesn’t mean you wouldn’t give anything to change it… it only means you have a place of peace where you can recognise that some things are out of my control.
2. Be positively proactive. While there are somethings you cannot change – there are other things you do have control over. You cannot always change the situation, but there are still things you can do, actions you can take. However small, there is always something we can do to make even the most difficult situations a bit easier to bear.
3. Share how you’re feeling. Talking about pain and sadness makes it seem more real, which can make you hesitant to do it. It sometimes seems braver to keep smiling, to act as if nothing’s wrong, but that’s actually not very positive or present. It’s just pretend. It’s okay to experience emotion and it’s so helpful to share those emotions with others. Letting it out frees you a little bit, making you feel a little bit lighter.
4. Enjoy what you still have. Take a step back from your situation and you’ll realise things are unsettlingly the same. You could choose to lose yourself in sadness or anger – or choose to embrace what you had or still have. In choosing the later, you may even be more thankful for everything.
5. Take care of yourself. Putting yourself on the back burner is all too common when a difficult situation starts to swallow up all of our time and emotional energy. With an onslaught of new things to worry about, think about, and do, caring for yourself can seem like an indulgence — but it’s necessary to keep yourself positive and present. No matter what else is dominating your day, don’t forget yourself.