THESE CHERRY BITES ARE THE PERFECT SUGAR-FREE TREAT
Created by Taline Gabrielian, for her new cookbook, they’d also make a delicious Mother’s Day present
Cherry and chocolate — I’m in love. You won’t be able to keep your hands off these babies, made with a combination of dried cherries, coconut, cacao powder and creamy nut butter, then coated in homemade chocolate. A densely satisfying sweet and sour sensation, perfect for when you get that chocolate craving.
Hippie Lane CHERRY BITES
R + VGN DF GF RSF
125 g (4½ oz/1 cup) dried cherries
60 ml (2 fl oz/¼ cup) melted coconut oil
360 g (12¾ oz/4 cups) desiccated coconut
⅛ teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon vanilla powder
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 tablespoons macadamia or almond butter (see tip)
45 ml (1½ fl oz) rice malt syrup
375 ml (13 fl oz/1½ cups) melted coconut oil
175 g (6 oz/1½ cups) raw cacao powder
185 ml (6 fl oz/¾ cup) maple syrup
1. Place the dried cherries in a food processor and reduce to a paste. Add the coconut oil and coconut and pulse until combined.
2. Add the salt, vanilla, cacao powder, nut butter and rice malt syrup and process until the mixture sticks together.
3. Line a rectangular baking tin, measuring about 34 x 23 cm (13½ x 9 inches) and 5 cm (2 inches) deep, with baking paper. Press the mixture into the tin and freeze for up to 1 hour.
4. Whisk the chocolate coating ingredients together in a bowl.
5. Place a sheet of baking paper on the kitchen bench, then set a wire baking rack on top.
6. Remove the baking tin from the freezer and cut the cherry mixture into bite-sized pieces.
7. Dip each piece in the chocolate and place on the wire rack to allow the excess chocolate to drain off.
8. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. The cherry bites will keep for 2–3 weeks.
TIP: You can replace the nut butter with seed butter to make this recipe nut-allergy friendly.
more details & how to connect
Read more about Taline here + get her cookbook
Hippie Lane The Cookbook from all good book shops and online at hippielane.com.au/mobile/shop
+ to connect with Taline, visit hippielane.com.au
+ click here to get the app
& stay tuned right her for more of her Hippie Lane recipes x x x