STOP BLOCKING WHAT YOU REALLY WANT IN LIFE, AND WHO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE
Starting today, stop these bad habits…
1. Playing it safe: To get what you really want out of life you have to strive for what can be, even if you have your doubts – and to live as though you’re brave, even when you’re fearful.
2. Letting everyone else decide for you: When you feel a little out of control, it can be tempting to look for someone who will take charge of your life for you. But before you do, consider this: If you give someone else control of your goals and dreams, you’ll have little or no say about where they may lead you. Set your own life boundaries and run freely within them.
3. Doubting your own dreams: It doesn’t matter if your dream is to write a book, find your soul mate, start a business, learn to play a musical instrument or find inner peace. The first step,and often the most difficult one, is to believe that your dream is possible.
4. Being influenced by negative people: To get what we want out of life, we need to stay positive. In order to do that, we need to remove ourselves from negative situations and negative people, no matter how difficult or painful that may be.
5. Letting failed relationships haunt new relationships: There’s a purpose to every failed relationship and that is to learn from it and move on. Don’t dwell on what never was, or what could have been, move forward and make your new relationship work for you.
6. Expecting constant happiness: Trying to be 100% happy all the time isn’t 100% realistic, you have to embrace the good and deal with the bad. Learn to let go and be at peace with the way things are and this will lead you to happier, more productive place in the long-term.
7. Dwelling on the things you’ve lost: Be grateful for what you have right now and try not to dwell on the things you’ve lost. Strive for what you want most and keep moving forward.
8. Overlooking the lesson: Everything happens for a reason – a reason you can learn and grow from. Things go wrong so you learn to appreciate things when they go right. And sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
9. Holding on to resentment: No matter what resentment tells you, forgiveness is always in your favour. Hostility in your heart will eat you up and hold you back.
10. Being overly critical of yourself: If you feel like everyone is judging you all the time, realise that you may be feeling this way because you’re actually too busy judging yourself.
11. Letting pessimism feed your procrastination: Sometimes we spend too much time wondering why we’re not good enough, and discrediting ourselves, instead of giving ourselves credit. Think to yourself, today is another perfect opportunity to take action and pursue your dreams.
12. Giving up too soon: Never let go of hope. Always remember you deserve the best, keep pushing forward and all the pieces will come together. Good things will transpire in your life, even if everything doesn’t turn out exactly the way you had planned.