IMAGINE IF EVERYONE HELPED SPREAD SMALL SEEDS OF HAPPINESS EVERYWHERE THEY WENT…
IT WOULD BE AMAZING…
Okay, so spreading joy everywhere is not really realistic – but at work, at school, with our kids, family, friends, and strangers on a street – it is completely do-able. Start to spread kindness and happiness around in your inner circle, and you will feel happier too.
Here’s a few ‘spread-the-happiness’ ideas to try today:
1. Be kind toward yourself. You know how on airplanes they advise that in case of a possible accident, parents should put on their oxygen masks before they help their kids? The same thing applies here. Be kind toward yourself. Really. You can’t give what you don’t have, right? So go ahead and do the things you love—dance, sing, or paint all you want. Just enjoy. Then go and spread some happiness around you.
2. Smile. This is the best method ever to make your own day and spread happiness around to others. Don’t wait to be happy; think of something good in your life, smile, and see what happens.
3. Surprise! Surprise the people you love with flowers, small presents, kind words, help, a hug, or a genuine compliment.
4. Be a hero. Notice and help someone around you, a perfect stranger.
5. Say something good about someone or something. Be genuine. This makes you feel good and it’s much better than gossiping, since you’re spreading positive words and thoughts with the people around you. Win!
6. Make an effort to have good thoughts. The thing with our thoughts is that they become words and then actions, so it’s important we observe them and choose them wisely. Our thoughts are like flower seeds. They can either spread happiness or sadness. The choice is ours!
7. Listen with all your attention. It sounds so easy, yet really few master it. Give your full attention to the person you’re talking with. It can change your whole view of the person and vice versa. That makes two happy people!
8. Learn a skill. Then teach it for free. It could be anything from languages to cooking. Make it your one-person charity organisation. Just don’t tell anyone. Have fun!