ON THE LOOKOUT FOR A NEW DO?
here are the six need-to-knows before you hit the hairdressers, to ensure you get your best haircut ever!
1. Choose the best looking salon in your area.
More serious hairdressers are likely to invest more money in their business – and on good staff and in-house training.
2. Tear pictures of styles and colours you like out of magazines
– and also styles you don’t like. You may not be entirely sure what you want from a style but you always know what you ‘don’t’ want.
3. Call the salon and book a consultation
– and make sure you ask for the senior stylist. If you say you don’t know who you want to book, you may be given a newly trained stylist who isn’t as experienced and therefore not as good.
4. Discuss your hair type with the stylist,
and show them the pictures.Also explain your lifestyle and how much maintenance time you want to spend doing your hair each day.
5. Listen to what they suggest
– and if you don’t like it you’ve only booked a consultation so you can walk out the door. Remember you’re not committed. If you do like it, go ahead then and there, or book for another time.
6. When your hair is being cut, talk to your hairdresser.
Ask for styling tips and what styling products they suggest you use. Watch how much they use and how they work it through your hair. Also watch how they dry it – and what they use to dry it with, whether it’s a round brush or diffuser attachment.
Q. How often should you really have your hair cut?
Hair grows at different speeds. A short cut will only keep it’s shape for six weeks, while a shoulder length style will last up to three months.
For more hair inspiration – click here