BEACHY WAVES WORK ALL YEAR AROUND, ESPECIALLY ON THE WEEKEND…
and the easiest way to achieve the look is by using a sea-salt spray.
You can buy sea-salt spray, or you can make your own. Making your own will save you money, plus you’ll know exactly what you’re putting on your hair, (leaving out the chemicals is the best way to love your hair)
– and you can even customise your spray!
Here’s all the DIY-deets:
1. Dissolve some sea salt in warm water, using roughly 1 teaspoon of salt for every cup of water. Opt for purified or distilled water over tap water, if possible, as it’ll be better for your hair. diy hair sea salt spray
2. Add in half a teaspoon to a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil. Coconut oil is rich in vitamins and minerals and a brilliant natural conditioner, so it not only makes your spray smell extra beachy, it also helps counterbalance the dryness of the salt. Coconut oil can be found at health food stores or online, though it can be quite expensive. As an alternative, you can use some store-bought coconut-scented conditioner instead of the oil, or you could try using some Argan Oil.
3. Pour your mix into a plastic spray bottle (you can usually pick these up at supermarkets, chemists or discount stores) and shake well.
customise your spray:
* Add in a dab of hair gel for extra styling hold.
* Add in a drop of your favourite essential oils for extra scent and to add shine.
* Substitute the plain water for chamomile tea if you want to lighten the hair– or black tea to darken it.4. Voila: spray on damp hair and dry in – twisting and scrunching up the hair as you go – for beachy summer texture.