1. If you’re wearing your hair down, blast the roots with a blow-dryer to lift them. If your hair is particularly limp, flip your head upside down first. Add split-second volume by moving your part to the other side.
2. Tease the hair at the crown and smooth it over with your palms —it gives any style a little oomph.
3. Smooth frizz by squirting a drop of silicone serum, cream, or even hand lotion in your palm. Rub your hands together and skim them over the outer layer of your hair, working from the ears down and then using whatever’s left on the crown.
4. Have bobby pins, plain black elastics, and a thin black elastic headband handy. If your hair is beyond help, pull it all back into a twist. Then push the black headband about one or two inches behind the hairline— it’ll instantly look stylish.
5. Try the half up/half down: Super easy, super stylish and works perfectly on almost every length hair!