1. Always file nails before soaking, never soak first as the nail becomes too soft.
2. Apply a cream to cuticles prevent them from tearing and sticking to the nail bed and causing ‘hang nail’.
3. Always apply a base coat to inhibit discolouration.
4. To prevent streaking of nailpolish: load the polish brush and use light, even pressure when applying.
5. Apply top coat to protect colour and add strength to the finished nail.
6. The nail bed is made up of overlapping layers similar to a ’tiled roof’ which can lift due to lack of oil in the nail bed. Prevent this by eating foods that will increase oils in your diet like avocado and salmon.
7. At the end of your manicure apply a cuticle oil to keep cuticles nourished.