BLUSH CAN INSTANTLY BRIGHTEN YOUR SKIN, if you get it right!
Here’s what you need to know to get the glow…
• Colour test: To find the shade that flatters your skin tone, gently pinch your cheeks and match the blush to the colour you get. You can also try one that’s half a shade darker than your favourite neutral lipstick.
• Go creamy: Start with a cream blush because it goes on sheer and it’s easy to blend. The exception is if you also use a powder foundation or loose powder on your face; always keep makeup textures consistent so they don’t clump.
• Get yourself a fan: Dense brushes—the ones that typically some with blush—are tricky and tend to create a big, sloppy chunk of colour in the middle of the cheek. Fan brushes work with both cream and powder formulas and the thin hairs blend colour seamlessly.
• Product placement: Smile to accentuate the best part of the cheeks to apply blush. Put the highest concentration of colour just outside of the fattest part of the cheeks—not directly under the eyes.
• Don’t go there: Don’t place the colour too close to the nose or the temples because it will scream “too much blush.”
• Build it up: The more layers of makeup you wear, the lighter the blush should be. On the other hand, if you apply blush to bare skin, it will soak in and be more diffuse, so you may have to use more for the same effect.