Here’s the how-to-do’s:
1. Create a strict centre parting, starting from the middle of the forehead till the nape of your neck.
2. Pull a few strands of hair out from either side of the centre part, especially the ones that frame your face. Don’t include these in the styling steps below.
3. Now pull the two sections back into a ponytail on each side, keeping it close to the neck. Secure with an elastic band. With this step, you should have two pigtails on either side of the prominent parting.
4. Start braiding the ponytail with a regular three-strand plait. Once you reach the end, secure with an elastic band. Ensure you keep braiding till the very end; don’t leave too much hair out.
5. Wrap the plait in a circle around the origin of the ponytail and, literally, tie it in a knot. Secure with U-shape bobby pins. Repeat on the other side.
6. Once you have the braids in an O-shape bun on either side of the part, spray a generous amount of finishing spray to keep flyaways at bay.