YOU KNOW I’M A HUGE FAN OF THE PONYTAIL?
Well, I’m adoring this twist-take on the original, the ‘wrap ponytail’ which debuted at Tracey Reese’s Fall 2012 show…
Here are tips from Tresemme hairstylist Jeanie Syfu, who crafted these ponies for the runway:
1. Apply a root-boost spray and mousse, then rough-dry hair for tons of texture.
2. Back-comb your roots to add lift and set with hairspray.
3. Curl random sections with a small (1 3/4-inch) curling iron, leaving the ends straight. Mist lightly with dry shampoo to give hair a matte finish.
4. Gather a small centre section and fasten at your nape into a low ponytail.
5. Take the remaining hair and twist both sides back and fasten with hairpins into a low ponytail, wrapping the base of the pony with hair.
6. Leave face-framing strands loose and tuck some behind your ears for a messy, touchable look.